Sunday, 14 March 2010

Currently working on logo

I spent the vast majority of the weekend working on the logo design for the 'Anfield and Breckfield 2010 Talent Show', I began with some basic designs that didn't hold much significance to what the Biennial or the Talent Show are trying to say, from these initial ideas I developed a concept based on the yin yang symbol – the two segments each representing Anfield and Breckfield. I began experimenting with various layouts and colour combinations, but I soon figured that the ‘On The Street’ project is actually more of a triple collaboration – Anfield, Breckfield & the Liverpool Biennial, so I made the decision to introduce a third segment which would represent the Biennial’s influence, this, being the connective influence – bringing the two areas together through the ‘Talent Show; and the ‘On The Street’ Project. Another contributing factor for basing the logo on the yin yang symbol was Liverpool Biennial’s statement of - Connecting art, people and place. Therefore the third segment is a metaphor showing the Biennial’s connective influence of the two separate areas, and collectively the two areas are intertwined by the Biennial segment.








Above are some examples of the logo designs that I produced over the weekend, in total I have produced 9 A3 sheets of development work which I will be presenting to Paul & Franny tomorrow morning (monday 15th march). Hopefully I should get some positive feedback, which will help to push the logo development further.

No comments:

Post a Comment