Received several emails this morning with confirmation from Sue, Paul & Franny that I could go ahead with the printing, it felt great that something that I had actually produced (outside of education) was going to printed on a large scale. Hopefully the first of many. Anyway I was at the printers and a guy next to me was paying for some business cards he had got printed there, I asked for one (just out of interest) and we got talking about design, he asked for my telephone number and email, saying he may have some potential work for me, this made me think back to a Practice Discourse talk with Iain Foxall, where he said 'the more we get out there, and the more people we meet - the more chances will become available of getting work, more doors will open to new opportunities' - simple. I feel that what I witnessed today is a prime example of this. Hopefully he will be in touch soon with some work (paid or not, it's all experience).
I have also forwarded all of Paul & Franny's relevant details to the printers for invoice procedures. Karen at the printers has said that the prints should be ready for late Thursday but definitely Friday - I have already seen a test print of what they're like (they look pretty good), but it will be exciting to see 6,000 of the flyers piled up and ready for distribution, and to go downstairs in the morning and see a flyer on the hallway floor.

Above is the final poster design to advertise the event, through the centre of the design is a yin yang style graphic that I have used again as a metaphor to show connectivity between various elements and the Biennial's statement of Connecting art, people and place.


Above is the revised version of the flyer design for the event, again I have chose to incorporate a yin yang styled graphic for the background, this tying the poster and flyer together as well as being based on the original yin yang styled logo. The finished designs have a connected feel (physical appearance) as well as the theme of 'connectivity' which I had applied at the beginning of the design process.

I chose to make the background green to give a fresh, lively and energetic feel - also demonstrated in the movement and flowing of the shapes. The shapes are playful, whereas the font choice has a more serious feel, this I feel creates a good balance on the design, which should engage the audience without creating a 'too serious' or 'too playful' feel. I am pleased with the outcome of the designs.

No comments:
Post a Comment