(08/03/10) Here I am, in the working environment of the Biennial team, I arrived at about 10:30 am, and was introduced to a couple of members of the staff, I felt a little nervous and unsettled at first because of the new surroundings and people, I soon settled down and got busy. The working atmosphere feels friendly, professional and relaxed. I was allocated an area to work in. I suggested the idea of possibly contacting a local newspaper (The Anfield and Walton Star) in order to establish if it is possible to use them as a vehicle for mass distribution of 6,000 flyers into the Anfield and Breckfield area. Paul and Franny were pleased with this suggestion - I made a call and I managed to get a quote of £108.00 + v.a.t, which I felt is a relatively good price. Carol Collins the lady whom I spoke to on the phone from The Star sent me an email with a breakdown of the distribution points and levels of distribution which was very useful, she also mentioned that they can offer competitive rates for leaflet design and printing, I would be more interested in the printing side of this.
I have only been here for about 3 hours and I feel at home, there's a good vibe in the air, I was concerned that for some reason I wouldn't be actively contributing to the team, but yeah I feel confident to say that I have. I received my brief via email on the 5th of March and today I had a good talk with Franny about some of the required items of which I wasn't sure about. Things are clearer now, and it's been a relatively good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment